Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Here are the jets before concrete. The PB concrete guy ,who did my band but isn't doing the big pour, said he would not feel comfortably pouring on top of the flange, that you see, cause the concrete would more than likely crack. The flange is built into the body. Also, how does one get the concrete around the deck jet neatly and still be able to unscrew the fitting to change out the spray pattern, and keep it recessed??? You can see the two little notched looking things right up against the ball. That is what you use to unscrew the ring around the ball .
I thought this would be so simple :cry:

Attachments

• Deck jet install 001.jpg
    Deck jet install 001.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 294
  • Deck jet install 002.jpg
    Deck jet install 002.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Deck jet install 003.jpg
    Deck jet install 003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 293
Those jets look like they can be used as an in wall jet on vinyl liner or fiberglass pools. Have you looked at the directions carefully. From the picture it looks like the plastic nut is only to be used when installed in a wall. In that case the nut goes behind the wall and the flange goes poolside. I would guess in a deck application that neither is used. You need to use plumbers tape or a similar tape to tape off the top when they pour.

I could be wrong, but check the instructions to see if the nut and flange are used in a deck installation.

According to the directions here, the housing should of come with an insert to protect the housing. The jet fitting should be removed and insert installed. Tape the top part of the housing and flange and have the installers concrete up to the bottom of the flange. However, I don't know if this will be the natural level of the concrete or not. This may require a slight depression at the fitting.

Just and update. The gunite shield was left out of the box. So I decided we would work without it. Cut off the plastic flange, did not want a thin layer of concrete of top of it. Afraid concrete would crack. Didn't use the plastic nut nor gasket either. Taped the top of the jet and poured to it. Worked out pretty well considering we didn't have the concrete shield. Just hope it holds up. Here's the end result.
Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• Deck jet finished 001.jpg
    Deck jet finished 001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Deck jet finished 002.jpg
    Deck jet finished 002.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 157
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.