Some numbers and a BIG thank you to TFP.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
We bought the pool a few weeks ago. Yes we got "pool stored"!!! Twice! :hammer: But thanks to this place, I'm finally getting my numbers right. Here are my numbers today using the TF-100 Kit.

FC = 6.5
CC = 0
pH = 7.5
TA = 200
CH = 220
CYA= 35
Water temp = 89ºF
Ran a overnight Chlorine drop test and lost 0ppm FC so no organics growing.
The pool is clear and sparkling. :cheers:

Once the fill was complete I started the pump and turned the Pool Frog up to 6. (Yeah I know!)
A couple of days after the fill was complete the DW (dear Wife) took a sample of water to the local pool store (only a partial mistake). The guy sold her a small bag of stabilizer (needed) and a 50# bag of calcium carbonate (Big mistake) and told her to add 3/4 of the bag to the pool. Luckily I only added about half. About the same time I found this site and studied the BBB method. I immediately ordered the test kit, went out and bought bleach and 20 mule team borax. I anxiously awaited the arrival of the test kit because I knew the strips I was using were not helping.

The test arrived and I immediately did a test. And this is where it all started! My pH was 8.2 and my FC was 0. I had no stabilizer, my TA was very high and my CH was about 300. After reading more and more on this site I began to add the "right Stuff" and now my numbers are starting to look better. I'm still working on the TA by adding Muratic acid and then aerating to bring the pH back up. This'll probably take a while to bring it back into alignment. I don't know if I'm going to try and bring the CH down until I winterize.

The pool place sold us a Pool Frog. Thank goodness I only used it a week before I found this site. I've since taken it out.

I really appreciate this place and wish I could encourage every pool owner to study the material here.

Thanks you TFP very much for all the info assembled here.

Nice work, Bama. You have taken charge of your pool and crystal clear water will be your benefit for years to come. You are a very quick learner. It's very rewarding to everyone to hear your story.

Here are the pics

You asked for some pics.

The Water.
100_0468.jpg

The Pool.
100_0467.jpg

Ignore Wolfie. :) He's the Grand Daughters horse. He stays "hitched" to the steps all the time. :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.