Dialing in a SWG

i'm certainly new to this myself, but i am doing my testing in the late afternoon. i feel like since the sun has been out all day, my chlorine usage should be greatest then.

i have been slowly cutting back on percentage and still making lots of chlorine. i have it down to 40 percent now. my chlorine level was still at 7.5 yesterday afternoon. so, i cut back my pump run time to exactly 8 hours. i don't want to go lower than that since that it the 'magic' number recommended. if i still have too much chlorine, i will cut my percentage down on the SWG again.

I test after the sun is off of the pool. That should be my lowest CL reading, and I want to maintain that ABOVE the lowest recommended level. SWG runs after taking reading, building CL level until next period of sun-loss.

I will typically test late afternoon also. The important thing is to test at the same time each day and in similar weather conditions when you are trying to dial it it". I also keep a small notebook and a pen in a baggie on top of my test kit. I take notes during each test of the test values, weather, water temp and any issues I might be having. Really comes in handy down the road if you see a problem you know you solved before.

Once I get my chlorine to hold at around 3. I know I just have to run a super-chlorinate cycle if it rains or we have a big crowd to get things back in shape.

Thanks, I started testing at the same time each evening......If free chlorine is the lowest at that time, and you get a drop overnight, at what time would free chlorine be at its highest level.......I normally run the pump from 9 to 9 in the summer....Would it be toward the middle of the pump cycle???

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.