Hi,
My name is Wayne and I have a question about Zeolite and your opinions. I had three bad bouts of algae last year because, I believe due to CYA being too high.My question is; would you change the zeolite or run the filter with the old Zeolite in it. I believe there is a recharging procedure of a 10% salt solution a let it sit for 10-12 hours then backwash.Can I just reach in with something and just stir the stuff up?

Wayne
Hillsbororo,NJ
18x38x8 IG vinyl sand Pentair 2sp 1HP
26,000gals Leslie test kit and strips

Thanks for replying Richard. I guess my question to clarify(no pun intended) is; do you think that anything go trapped in the Zeolite that will effect the pool chemistry where I should change it out. Also, last year was the first time using Zeolite so I wasn't sure how it would work.I guess I should be asking if anyone has any feedback on Zeolite also.

Wayne

Thanks for replying Richard. I guess my question to clarify(no pun intended) is; do you think that anything go trapped in the Zeolite that will effect the pool chemistry where I should change it out. Also, last year was the first time using Zeolite so I wasn't sure how it would work.I guess I should be asking if anyone has any feedback on Zeolite also.

Wayne
Enough organic debris to merit changing, no. Enough to merit a deep clean, maybe. But zeobrite like sand is inert by itself.

Use the search box on glass media or zeobrite and you can see several years' worth of reviews.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.