East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a 10+ year old Jandy system that has been upgraded to Rev R and connects to separate pool and spa pumps, two Jandy chlorinators, a variable speed pump. an iAqualink, 2 Jandy touch panels and a spa switch. As we turned on the system after the winter, I have noticed that the variable speed pump periodically goes offline, and with it the two chlorinators go to 0% production (salt levels still show). Any thoughts on the potential cause or method to diagnose?

Yes - and they direct me to getting a service professional to look at it. And the service professional says "sorry but I don't understand" or "lets take the Aquapures off line and see if it works that way". I was hoping to find someone who had a similar experience and solved the problem.

So I just spent 30 minutes with Jandy Tech Service. The end of call result: I was told I need to check voltages, but Jandy refuses to tell me what the proper voltages to look for are at the equipment. For what they call "liability" reasons, they will only work with a pool professional. This kind of behavior from a vendor should be illegal. If they sell you a product and it malfunctions, they should disclose the proper specifications as opposed to trying to force users to pay technicians

I agree with your old comments about Jandy tech service. I find them to be mostly frustrating because of their liability concerns. I find myself posing them questions like "what kinds of things can I ask the Tech when he gets here?" or "what should I be watching for that he should or shouldn't do?" If I thread that needle just right, I can get them to give me a little more info about my problem (whether or not I planned to get a Tech out in the first place!)

For your issue, I am just a fellow pool owner who hasn't debugged this issue myself. If you have the older style Aquapure power box, I've been told by pool Techs who were working on other issues in my equipment that the old AP box doesn't play nice with iAqualink, so maybe that's why Jandy is suggesting you disconnect the APs to see if that fixes the pump offline issue. If it did, it may mean you have to upgrade that AP box. Sorry, I don't have details for the old vs new differences.

On the other hand, my setup with the old AP box and iAqualink for the last several years hasn't had the kind of failure you are describing! Maybe it's just a matter of time for me....

Does your pump connect via the 4 wire RS485 connection? If so, have you tried redoing both ends of that to make sure it is a solid connection?

Re-connected all wires as the problem has gotten worse. The Jandy system now keeps freezing - the keypads lock at a particular time and show a fixed display (say at 8:36 PM). The only fix is to reset the Jandy system by depressing the reset button on the main unit. I have disconnected the spa switch completely and it worked for 3 days without a freeze, but last night froze again.

Just to clarify, I assume you are talking about the 2 OneTouch pads locking up? Are they wired or wireless? I wasn't sure what lead you to disconnect the spa switch related to that.

With multiple pumps, OneTouches, chlorinators, and iAqualink, how many devices go into your RS485 connector(s) at the control board? Are you using a multiplex board to distribute those connections or are they possibly overloaded? (Jandy says max 2 devices per RS485 connector.)

I'm also wondering if there is a scheduling conflict that may explain the pump going offline that you originally described. Have you gone through all your schedules to make sure there are no duplicates? The seasonal scheduling? The Group A/B scheduling?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Max 2 devices per RS485. Its a 20 year old system that worked fine until this year - wiring not changed. The 8 button spa control was acting up, going on and off (lights going out, then on). So I disconnected. The one touch pad (all wired) froze at 10:38 PM last night. At 6 AM, the pad still said 10:38 PM. To get the unit to resume, I needed to depress the small reset switch. This keeps happening. Has nothing to do with scheduling. Happening at random times. I fear that my Jandy logic board may be going - lose connection perhaps. This happened to me once before and I needed to replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.