Dual Filters

Jun 15, 2008
S.E. Wisconsin
We have are currently running a 1 HP Hayward Power-Flo LX pump and 100# Jacuzzi sand filter. I have the option to buy another Jacuzzi 100# Sand filter at a low price(used)(exact same model as the one I have now). I know that the bigger the filter the better(to a point) and I'm pretty sure this filter is too small for the pump(Is this assumption correct?) My thought was to tee off the pump outlet and run the two filters in parallel sitting next to each other then Tee back together on the other side.

This would give me double the filtering area(more area than a 200# filter, right????) and half the GPM flowing through each unit, while also reducing Head pressure and increasing overall system performance. The filters would both dirty equally because the pressures would want to balance(water takes the path of least resistance).

Also, yes I know Jacuzzi is out of business, but if anything I can use the second one for parts if one breaks.

What do you all think???

Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.