Novice - First Test

OK, thanks. FC wasn't moving, so added chlorine neutralizer, which worked well.

PH 7.2
FC is down to 5.5.
CC <.5
CH 75
TA 50
CYA 20...Trying to slowly get it up to 70 with SWG. Adding more regularly...I keep mixing more in warm water as per directions, but granules don't dissolve well. It's taking time, but will keep at it. It's still pretty cold here.

So...I'm guessing I need to address in this order...
1. Bring TA up to 70ish? Add baking soda/sodium bicarbonate. Do this first.
2. Then...Bring PH up slightly? Add soda ash/sodium carbonate?

Otherwise...continue adding cya regularly and stay the course?

Thanks for all the help!

How are you adding your CYA granules? Be sure to use a sock and place in front of a return or place in the skimmer basket with pump running. If you are pouring it into the skimmer then it is not being dissolved efficiently and a significant amount can be in the dead zone of your cartridge filter and may not dissolve for a very long time. Keep track of the volume of CYA product you have added and us Pool Math to be sure you do not overshoot.

Good Luck!

Thanks. I've been dissolving the granules in a bucket of warm water. Then pouring the liquid into skimmer. I've been keeping any solids in bucket to mix with more warm water. It's a bit of a pain, but trying to follow the specific instructions and not have them sit un-dissolved in filter.

Sounds tedious. Use the TFP method of putting the granules in a sock (old tube sock works well) and hang in front of a return or put in the skimmer basket with the pump running. If you turn the pump off, remove the sock.

Squeeze the sock every once in a while. It will dissolve in hours.

Good Luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.