TF-100 and the 5 way home depot Kit. Not Accurate?

May 11, 2009
Hi, I was wondering which one is more accurate. Because sometimes its close but sometimes its way off.

For my TA test:

The first test I got:
TF-100: 70
5 Way: 80

The second test after adding acid (a lot of it because of new plaster and high PH within a 24 hour period):

TF-100(taylor):70
5 Way: 110

I also noticed the PH of the two are slightly off but pretty close. I would say it's off by .1 to .2 at most

TC is pretty accurate of the two

If your Home Depot is like mine the test kits are stored outside in the back with the garden supplies. The package says to store the reagents in a cool dry place; outside in the garden is not that place. I would trust the TF kit before I trusted the Home Depot version.

You also have to wonder how long HD has had their merchandise in stock. I know the stuff in our HD garden area always looks pretty worse for the wear. Of course, in my area there is a pool store or Walmart within a mile or so in every direction, so I doubt many people purchase their supplies at HD around my area. Even the grocery stores and Walgreens carry muriatic acid, 10% chlorine, dry shock and test kits around here, so lots of competition.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.