Memorial Day Weekend 2017!!!

Here is my update. Fire was started at 4:45 AM and briskets went on around 5:30. Left lid closed the first two hours before first time mopping the briskets.

R3tkbA1h.jpg

Beer Mop Sauce

cJp4MpBh.jpg

Beans went on the stove at 9. Only if I can keep my wife and daughter out of them when they are done. Last time we had very little for dinner.

7GWNzRNh.jpg

What's your bean recipe??

Sure here you go.

4 cups of dry pinto beans sorted and not soaked. Set to the side.
Fry a pound of sliced up bacon add white or sweet onions towards the end. Drain fat. I do this all in a tall big pot.
Next add two to three 32 oz beef broth. I sometimes add more than this so I always have extra on hand. The beans will soak up the liquid as well as a lot will boil off.
Add 1 diced up Serrano pepper.
Add pinto beans into pot.
Cover top of liquid with a layer of Fiesta brand Pinto bean seasoning.
Bring to a low boil and then turn down and let simmer just below boiling for several hours.
After about 4 hours I start tasting them to see if they are done.
Eat and enjoy.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also this makes a lot but may family of 5 loves them.

Sure here you go.

4 cups of dry pinto beans sorted and not soaked. Set to the side.
Fry a pound of sliced up bacon add white or sweet onions towards the end. Drain fat. I do this all in a tall big pot.
Next add two to three 32 oz beef broth. I sometimes add more than this so I always have extra on hand. The beans will soak up the liquid as well as a lot will boil off.
Add 1 diced up Serrano pepper.
Add pinto beans into pot.
Cover top of liquid with a layer of Fiesta brand Pinto bean seasoning.
Bring to a low boil and then turn down and let simmer just below boiling for several hours.
After about 4 hours I start tasting them to see if they are done.
Eat and enjoy.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also this makes a lot but may family of 5 loves them.

I make mine in the crockpot, boracho style. I need to stay out of this thread. I'm getting fatter just looking at it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well not too much Memorial Day fun here in good ol' Longview, Texas today. Yesterday about 5 PM we had a heck of storm and a small F1 tornado come through. No one hurt that I know of, but tons of trees down and lots of damage to folks houses and property. Close to Hurricane force winds lasted for the better of an hour for a span of 30 miles or so.

Waves in my pool were literally a foot tall! My place is good though and I finally have electricity back. Pool and backyard was a mess. A couple patio chairs ended up in the pool and tons of debris from trees. Both patio umbrellas are gone and Ive no clue where to. Same goes for my pool floats. My Weber grill was blown across the patio and turned over but for the most part, not too bad considering what a lot of neighbors around me suffered.

NWS: EF-1 tornado hit Longview - Story | EastTexasMatters

Yikes! But have a look at the last picture. The man/devil/animal face in the cloud is crazy looking and also includes the beast's forearm. Clearly a possessed cloud.

Glad you escaped major damage.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.