Greetings from Florida

May 26, 2017
Titusville FL
Hello, everyone ?
I joined this website forum group to meet folks who know about pool care and maintenance ? I'm hoping someone out there knows a little something about the tiny red ant-looking bugs that I'm finding in my skimmer and on my body: these little suckers bite!! The bite actually starts to sting and burn and lasts for about a week! Help help help! What can I use to kill them that won't mess up our enjoyment of the pool?

My husband and I bought this house last summer and we've never had a pool before. It's very exciting! It's a little daunting, too. I've spoken to and become friends with the pool guy who worked for the previous owner and he's been great about helping me learn the basics. I've taught myself the rest of what I know. The internet is great for that, as are a couple of the guys at the Pinch-a-Penny pool store down the road. I have not, however, asked them about these little bugs. I figured someone here would probably have dealt with this issue, as well ?

The pool is in ground and free form, with a waterfall feature and hot tub built in. I'll have to post a pic because trying to describe this shape sounds too weird when I type it out!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Warm regards,
Raven