Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low speed pump=Filter 0

1. Back To Top    #1

Low speed pump=Filter 0

The electrician was here sometime today and got my pump wired so I could use the low speed. I don't think he could figure out how to wire it in to the Pro Logic the first time When I put it on low my filter pressure gage goes to 0. Is that normal?? I can hear water gurgling in the filter. It seems it's just one thing after another

Thanks
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Low speed pump=Filter 0

Pressure should be about 1/4 of high speed but the gauge may lose accuracy at low pressure so it may look like 0 but actually be a few PSI.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

With the pump on low speed the filter pressure can be zero, or one or two, something quite low in any case. You should be able to feel flow at the returns.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, I have quite good flow at the returns, so is everything o.k.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html