My FC turned pink again?

Jun 12, 2009
Central Illinois
Forgot to mention this in all my worry about measuring CYA... and I've developed the habit of checking pH first, FC second, then TA, & so forth. For some reason, while I was doing all my testing yesterday, I did the FC first. The vial turned clear, I added the CC reagent, vial turned clear again. I got my results, and simply set the vial aside, rather than immediately dumping the water like usual. I did the TA test. When I finished with that one, I looked at the chlorine vial, and the contents had turned pink again. :shock:

Is this normal? I am very careful to make sure the vial turns absolutely clear on the FC and CC tests, and almost always compare it to a sheet of paper to ensure any hint of the pink is gone. Why will it turn pink again after sitting for a few minutes? Are all my test results now questionnable?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.