need help with filter install leaking

aqualicious

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2009
Ontario, Canada
We hooked our pump and filter up today on our new pool.

As the water reached the skimmer, (haven't turned on pump yet) water was coming out of waste, which I was expecting but water is also leaking out of the C-clamps that hold all the housing on top of the filter.

I took it apart again. wipe the O-ring off and wiped the inside where the O-ring lay. My husband used vaseline....(yikes...is that bad?)Put it all back together....c- clamps really tight....and still leaking....argh

do you think the O-ring is still the issue? Is there anything else I should check?

There was a post about using vaseline earlier this week and the replies were, that it is bad to use. Someone who had experience with vaseline said it will harden and ruin the O rings, where the silicone lubricant keeps the O rings like new. Not sure if one time is enough to ruin it though.

thanks all

It turns out we put the o-ring in the wrong place. We had put the O-ring on the filter opening and put the housing on top....not realizing it belonged on the housing which then got lowered onto the filter.

This whole pool install was waaaaaaaaaaay beyond us....but we seem to have worked our way through it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.