New Member, just used my new TF-100 tonight

Robrike

Bronze Supporter
May 8, 2017
Elizabethton TN
Just bought house with pool, pool company opened pool 3 weeks ago. Since then I have browsed the forum and order a TF-100 and Taylor KS-1766 and got them today. Ran my first test and got the following results. Wondering if anything is major out of whack??

FC- 4.0
CC- 0.5
TC- 4.5
TOTAL CALCIUM- 250
TOTAL ALKALINITY- 150
CYA- 35
PH- 7.5
SALT- 3200
BROMINE- 10

Pool is 29,000 Gallon with SWG running at 30% 24/7.

Wondering what to do next.

Thank you,

Robert

Recommended levels of CYA for a SWG pool is around 80, so you are low, and that is why you need to run your SWG 24/7.
This are the recommended levels:
FC 4-6 ppm
PH 7.2-7.8
TA 60-80
CH

• 50-300 for vinyl (Do Not Add)
  • 220-320 for fiberglass
  • 350-450 for plaster

CYA 70-80
Salt 200-400 ppm ABOVE recommended optimum level
Borates 30-50 ppm (optional)

You dont have to run your pump 24/7, just wasting money. Follow pool school rules to lower your TA. You can raise your % on the SWG while turning down pump hours.
4-6 hours of pump runtime should be ok.

Felipe

Thank you Felipe.

I will get a timer and get my pump set up on it. LPS said run 24/7 but everything I have seen on here pretty much disagrees with that. I will make adjustment on SWG to compensate for running 8 hours a day.

I plan to get a robot cleaner too so perhaps that will help with the dusty stuff that stirs up on bottom when I brush. We have plenty of trees around pool that love to leave me leaves. Also lot of pollen right now. I plan to try vacuuming to waste tomorrow to see if that helps. Been just letting it filter thru sand filter.

Robert

I like it when it seems oceany. Seems to be good for teenager acne too. Saves me $$$ at dermatologist. The sun probably helps more. Everyone is different. I don't mind the salt. I would think as long as you crank the % up on chlorine generator you could run a lower salt level. Just speculating though.

The salt level and the FC percentage are not relevant to each other. As long as the salt is within range the SWG will make the same amount of FC whether salt is 2800 ppm or 3800 ppm. Yes, the reason for going over a bit is to keep from having to add more too soon. But, there is nothing wrong with running at the lower end of the range and adding a bag when the low salt light turns on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.