Pump Help intellioFlo

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
I have an intellioFlo model 011018 pump it’s just a little over 3 years old. So the other day I noticed it shut off at an odd time about an hour early few minutes later realized we had a power failure. So the pump came back on all seemed fine. Later that day I started the pump manually to clean skimmers the pump had been running for about 30 minutes I noticed major amounts of air coming from the supply jets after a short time everything was fine. So yesterday I started the pump I noticed it was making that priming sound for quiet a while then it shut off. So now I have the red blinking light, some kind of primer warning on the screen. So I took the cover of the pump strainer cleaned it (really nothing much) while the cover was off the pump started didn’t realize it resets. So I made sure the 0-ring was clean and seated properly. Then I manually started the pump it ran for about a minute and then shut off. When I started the pump the strainer was full of water, After about 3 more attempts with the same results I pushed the Quick Clean button and the pump worked fine so I let it run for about 20 minutes then shut it down. So then I tried my normal way to start the pump it just didn’t prime. Now I have all the power shut off to the pool equipment I just don’t want the pump trying to start every 10 minutes. So what I’ve done cleaned all the strainers (really nothing in them) Made sure O-ring is seated on pump, checked filter clamps are tight. Motor doesn’t feel hot. At this point I think the power outage might have affected a setting? But I did get large amounts of air from jets while the pump was running fine. I never messed with the Priming settings. I think the pump is physically good. Any suggestions ?

I just tried it again Pump strainer basket is full of water , pump starts jumps to 3400 RPM water sucks out of strainer, then I get a blast of water from inlet pipe to strainer all looks good then water in strainer cycles into pump the strainer is empty again then pump shuts down and back to red blinking red light. Some way I'm loosing suction. (I have to take off for a couple hours will check back)

Two skimmers, there both fine , auto fill water it's fine . After about 3 attempts I got it working (manual start) ton of air in lines more than when I clean filters. I'm going to let it run for a while and see how that goes. Trying to figure out were all the air is coming from.

The priming delay should be set to factory default I've never messed with it. What should it be set at? I'm looking at the manual now it says factory default is 11min. would that be how long it should run before shutting off? It shuts off in about one minute. I'll check it out. BTW SoCalGuy just got back from Ocean Beach 6 days of fun.

Yep OB's a hoot this time of year.

I think 11 mins may be your "Max Priming Time". "Priming Delay" can only be set from 1 second to 10 mins. Default is 20 secs.

While you're at it check the "Disabled/Enabled" setting (you want Enabled) and the "Primed Sensitivity" setting too. If the sensitivity number is too low the pump will think it hasn't attained prime and will shut down.

Up date after a couple more tries It primed and is working fine. Really not sure what caused all the air and pump not priming. One of the pool store techs called made a couple suggestions just basic stuff. I think I'll get a new strainer basket o-ring just to be safe. One thing I don't like there is no union on the inlet pipe just an MIP fitting into the pump, I might put a union in. I also checked all the pump settings all at factory default. So all is good probably just a gremlins.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.