Backyard Remodel - after 6 months - almost finished!

Sep 26, 2016
Columbus/ GA
First of all, I could not have survived this build process without this site. Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences on here! I would like to post a few pictures of our build process to encourage others and perhaps share some ideas, but I think I am only allowed to upload two :( So, I chose the before and after, except the after is still before landscaping. I will take a new pic and upload it. We are happy in spite of the stress and delay. We build a social liner 28x14 pool on a slopped backyard, spillover fiberglass hot tub, lots of patio space and stonework, a fire pit, a grill area, and a pool house with an island, closet, bathroom and shower. It was our 20th anniversary gift to ourselves.

To all of you still in the thick of it, there is an end and it will be here before you know it!!! :party:

Attachments

• IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 113
They are still working out kinks. Grill was installed too high, grading is sending water to neighbor's yard, etc. Luckily PB is very understanding and great to work with. Our problem is with some of the contractors he hires. My husband is worried about the mortar used in the stone caps. We hear a hollow sound instead of a thud when we step on them. Any advice on this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.