Pool Capasity

azle

Jun 1, 2009
Azle Texas
My builder stated it at 35-38k can I get some input on what the forum members believe it to be?[attachment=0:3g9pmzns]Pool drawing2.bmp[/attachment:3g9pmzns]

sorry for the 2nd grader drawing and thanks!

Attachments

• Pool drawing2.bmp
    145.7 KB · Views: 338
So you basically have two circular pools with different diameters and depths. Figure them out separately and then add them together.

The forumula is radius2 x pi x average depth of the circle (measure the deep and shallowest parts of the circle and add them then divide by 2) will give you the cubic feet of water. Multiply the cubic feet of water x 7.48 (gallons of water per cubic foot) to get the gallonage of each circle. Repeat for the other circle and add them together.

Don't worry about the ledges and steps, etc. In the grand scheme of caring for your pool they are not going to affect the results enough to really matter.
As far as the spa goes, calculate it as an oval pool and take the average depth as the sum of the depth to the bench + the depth to the footwell divided by 2. It will be in the ballbark. I assume the spa is a spillover so you are only dealing with one body of water so just add that to the results you got for the pool.

I think you might have made a math error. I would like to check your math.
Please post the diameter of both circles (radius is 1/2 of the diameter ), the average depth of each circle (measure the shallow end of a circle and the deep end of the circle, add them and divide by two then repeat for the other circle to get the average depth for that.),
the length and width of the spa and the depth to the seat and the depth to the floor of the spa.

Don't go by any printed measurements but actually measure everything with a measuring tape, including the depth of the water at the shallow and deep end of each circle.

Is your pool a true figure 8 or is there a longer transition section between the two circles?
Thanks.

azle said:
Circle diameters are 48, 58 and 31ft
48 is 4ft deep
58 is 9ft deep
31 is 3ft deep
the transition is equal all the way across.

That can't be the diameters. Maybe it's the circumference's.

Using you're orginal sketch for the sizes you state that the width in both the deep and shallow ends is 21' and the spa is 31'circumference. You also state that the length from end to end is 37' which is in line with the 21' width of each end. In essence, what you have is 2 pools 21' diameter, one 4' deep and one 9' deep and another pool 10' diameter and 3' deep.

Given the above, your volume would be 36,737 gallons so your builders estimate appears to be dead on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.