Heat Pump Not Level

Hello all, I Just got a new Hayward 140k btu heat pump today and brought it to my equipment pad only to find out the pad is pitched to the front putting the heater an inch out of level from back to front. The pad is 4'x8' and 6" thick with the pool plumbing coming up through it so leveling that is out of the question. Does anyone know if the unit can be shimmed in the front or does the entire bottom have to sit on a solid base? Worse case I can build a pressure treated platform. Was hoping someone my have encountered this. Thanks.

I have mine set up on blocks to make the plumbing easier. Not the same model tho. I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing to level it off.

Does the heater manual say it has to be installed perfectly level?
It's going to make a lot of condensate so having the slab pitched will help the condensation run off the pad and away from the equipment.

Shims should be fine. I installed my heat pump last fall and it is just sitting on the rubber feet which are sitting on the concrete blocks. None of it has moved at all since it was installed.

The manual just states a sturdy base such as concrete slab or set of blocks. No mention of being level. It doesn't seem like there is any support with the plastic cabinet. It's the OCD in me that can't stand looking at it and I can see it from the kitchen window. I will call Hayward in the morning and see what they say, don't want to negate the warranty because of an install issue. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.