Hayward Super 2 Pump Leak - Impeller and Seals

qdylan

May 21, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Hi,

My Hayward Super 2 Pump had a leak from the bottom. Reading through the forums, I narrowed down the problem to the seals. Unfortunately, the impeller's threading looks pretty worn out too and won't fit back on.

1) Does anyone know where I can get cheap, decent seals and an impeller (shipping to Canada)? The local pool stores were pretty expensive.

2) Is it possible to use a 1HP Impeller, although the pump says 3/4 HP? I'm assuming as long as the impeller fits on the pump, it doesn't matter, being an identical-sized piece of plastic? Or is there something I need to be aware of here (different weight or other minor differences)?

Thanks!
Dylan

So I bought a 3/4 HP impeller for the 3/4 HP Pump. It's tripping the breaker in 3 seconds. I see that the original impeller was 1/2HP. Would you recommend buying the 1/2HP impeller for the 3/4HP pump? Or does the problem lie somewhere else? (electrical)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.