Dolphin E10 Review

Thinking about buying the dolphin e10 with the great reviews it has as picking up fine stuff with the upgrade fine filter, currently have a pool rover for 4 years and it doesn't do that good regardless of fine bags.
Do the ultra fine filters for the dolphine10 come as 4 panels you insert into original basket or do I buy the whole unit? I see with all the posts from last year this is a hot commodity so one might have to order before even getting the cleaner.

After following this thread since the beginning, I purchased my very own Dolphin E10. I ordered it on Monday and it arrived on Friday. Sunplay had the best price and after a call to Sunplay confirmed that they were allowed to sell online and the warranty would be intact. There is a warranty card in the box and I'll be filling that out.

After no luck keeping a winter cover on my pool in my very windy location, this pool robot is my next attempt to manage my pool through the year. It can run at temps as low as 43°F, so I will be able to get it in my pool pretty soon. My main reason for the purchase is that this cleaner can operate in my pool without the pump running! I can clean my pool and mix the water WITHOUT opening my pool and I'll also be able to use it after I have drained the pool for the winter.

I hope to get the robot in soon and I need to think up a cute name. Although, I like the name that one poster chose (Ethan) and may use that:D

I did finally get my ultra fine filter last year and could run the bot with it. I just really feeling underwhelmed after using it for a few months last year. Either I get some ultra fine silt blowing in that is too small to pick up or this little guy isn't the ticket. I seems to miss multiple spots also. I will usually run it multiple times per each attempt. It seems to get the larger stuff but if I want the floor clear I have to drag out the hose and do it like I always have had to. Anyone else have these issues?

Mine will occasionally miss a few small areas.
When it does that and I'm in a hurry to get it out (I don't leave it in)
then I move it to the area it missed.

Some days I run it twice like last saturday and that usually gets everything.

I'm not having issues of it leaving silt behind when the fine filter is in during summer.
But I'm in a different climate.

In any case, it beats having to run my single speed pump with the hayward navigator and it missed
a lot more areas unless I moved it around and let run twice as long.

I have not used that suction cleaner at all since getting the E10.

Bought e10 (aka "Einstein") early last season. Absolutely love him (was using Shark)!! Got the fine-mesh filter for him, too - fabulous. He worked for us last season. He's working again right now. When we uncovered the pool a few days ago, the beaded vinyl liner had come loose in about 4-5 spots. I acted cautiously, and drained the pool to reseat the liner. The pool's almost full again, but not yet quite up to the skimmer (takes 48+ hours to fill). Great advantage of Einstein: no skimmer required :) Great advantage of TFP: treatment is so easy, it's fun!! When skimmer's in service (few more hours), treatment begins, and (thanks to Einstein) bottom will be super clean already.

Oh BTW, thanks to TFP winterizing, water below cover was crystal clear, but we dropped in some dirt when removing the cover, thus Einstein is working with fine filter . . .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The fine filter would be critical for picking up lots of floor dirt, but you would also need to take it out
and clean the filter probably every 20 or 30 minutes for it to be effective. There's only so much
dirt it can pull (when there is a lot more than usual) for it to do it's job.

I had a bunch of pollen piled up in certain areas and it got most of it each time, but also
clogged the filter quick. To the point it would hold water when removing. In that case again,
cleaning it sooner is key.

I received a "new" E10 today. The packaging was slightly odd for today's standards so I'm wondering if mine was opened, used, or refurbished.

Was all of yours packaged like this and sloppy wiring? Look like some parts have "wear" on it as well.

20180508_175345.jpg

20180508_180326.jpg

20180508_175623.jpg

Looks like an "Open Box" product to me. Maybe someone tested it out and returned it. Mine was pristine out of the box. I'd question the seller.

Thanks. I sent an email to the seller. I haven't tried to use it, but some parts look brand new and there are a few blemishes on other parts. I'm guessing refurbished, but when you bought something listed as "new" I would expect pristine condition.

That's about how my refurbished unit was packaged.

Yep my refurb was packaged like that as well.

But everything looked brand new on the unit itself. no sign of wear/previous use.

I did notice in the basket filter area inside, there was a plastic mount on
the wrong side of the housing. So i removed the piece and snapped it
back in so it wasn't pressing(bending plastic) against the housing in an odd way.

If you bought this new from a retailer, they owe you a brand new one if you want to replace it.
In my opinion. You paid for new, you should get new.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Well very excited to use my brand new e10. Now not so much. After opening it up to check it out and taking out the filter I see a loose screw. Can,t see any where it might go. Checked the filter also. What do you think ...should I try it? Also another question if I decide to use it today...After reading up on all reviews , etc. on the forum, It sounds like the controller shouldn't get wet in the rain. I was going to wrap it up in a plastic bag and keep covered in case of rain. The question is ...does the controller get hot? Will it melt the plastic? And Happy Mother's Day!

Sorry for the late reply, loose screw eh?

If you can't see any obvious place where it goes, then it would probably be ok
to just take it out and run the cleaner. Further up I explained how part
of the internal housing was on the wrong side of the external housing and
I had to pop it back in place. Mine was a refurb so the worker who
did that might have been in a hurry or something.

For the control box, yes it does get quite warm, I would not bag it in
a rainy condition, maybe you could put down a piece of cardboard
and have another piece on top of it to keep rain out. But definitely let it breathe.

Also make sure direct sun is not on the controller. Mine is directly in line with
the sun, so I usually grab a plastic watering can to block the sun from hitting it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.