Dolphin E10 Review

Something I just noticed. In my pool the E10 seems to work better with the pool pump off. I normally ran my Blaze with the pump on. I was watching it operate and it seemed to not reach all the way across the pool but when I turned the pump off, it would travel the entire diameter of the pool without a problem. With the pump on the other thing I noticed is the current will carry the E10 if it does climb the wall a bit.

That "could be" random behavior. but maybe not.

After using mine about 10 times now, on the 7th cleaning run, it missed an entire half of my pool! (shallow & deep)

I ran it again and it did get most of it the second time, but missed a small section in the deep end.

The 3 times after that, though it has gotten every area. I was a little worried there for a minute (mines a refurb)

Just got mine is as well -- Very pleased with it so far.. Very easy to clean the basket--I hated the bags in the pool rover jr .. may look into getting the fine particle basket as well
I think the filter upgrade is well worth the money. I have used mine twice now with the new upgrade and have been very pleased with the results. When I used the standard basket I would still have some fines that were settled to the bottom the next day. After using the ultra fine filter basket, I have almost nothing on the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

That "could be" random behavior. but maybe not.

After using mine about 10 times now, on the 7th cleaning run, it missed an entire half of my pool! (shallow & deep)

I ran it again and it did get most of it the second time, but missed a small section in the deep end.

The 3 times after that, though it has gotten every area. I was a little worried there for a minute (mines a refurb)
I noticed mine missing spots when running with the pump on. While watching it, I could see it being carried every so slightly by the current. It seems to be doing a much better job when I turn the pump off.

BTW from Wichita Chief's description above, the second bullet point isn't quite accurate. There is a piece that comes out of the bottom of the unit and a plastic piece that snaps in to switch from the standard basket to the upgraded basket. I don't think you can just drop in one or the other but the pieces snap in and come out pretty easily.

I had some trouble with that plastic grid. Does it actually snap in? I messed with it this evening until it got dark and couldn't make it snap onto anything. The directions look like those arms that stick out are sitting on top of the screws. It seems like they should snap on below that, but then the bottom of the grid slopes toward the inside of the unit. Can you tell me if they do snap on to something? I hate to break it before I even use it. :(

I had some trouble with that plastic grid. Does it actually snap in? I messed with it this evening until it got dark and couldn't make it snap onto anything. The directions look like those arms that stick out are sitting on top of the screws. It seems like they should snap on below that, but then the bottom of the grid slopes toward the inside of the unit. Can you tell me if they do snap on to something? I hate to break it before I even use it. :(
Yeah, it snaps in. Here's a pic of where I think it's supposed to be installed. I must say the instructions are a bit lacking. I looked at the piece and then the picture and then the piece and then studied the inside of the bot and came to the conclusion this is where it goes.
20170702_085632.jpg

I really want to get an E 10 but Im concerned about the ladder going into the pool from the deck (i cant just take the ladder out) Is there a way to keep the cord from getting tangled in the ladder or to keep E 10 from going under ladder(thus tangling cord)?

I really want to get an E 10 but Im concerned about the ladder going into the pool from the deck (i cant just take the ladder out) Is there a way to keep the cord from getting tangled in the ladder or to keep E 10 from going under ladder(thus tangling cord)?
My problem has been the bot being able to go right behind the ladder. I'm thinking I'm going to have to install the safety piece behind the ladder so the bot will hit it, stop and then back out from under the ladder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Marina has the fine filter in stock now, ordered yesterday and it shipped out same day.

Mine will occasionally miss a very tiny area, so I get it near it and start it again if it misses anything.

I noticed a lot of fine dirt had settled. There are some ants around the pool that like to push up
dirt right above the liner track, then it falls in near the deep end. It's a small amount but annoying.

The E10 picked it up, but I did notice when putting the bubble cover on at the end of the day
what it picked up had settled again, so hopefully this fine filter will prevent that.

Marina has the fine filter in stock now, ordered yesterday and it shipped out same day.

Mine will occasionally miss a very tiny area, so I get it near it and start it again if it misses anything.

I noticed a lot of fine dirt had settled. There are some ants around the pool that like to push up
dirt right above the liner track, then it falls in near the deep end. It's a small amount but annoying.

The E10 picked it up, but I did notice when putting the bubble cover on at the end of the day
what it picked up had settled again, so hopefully this fine filter will prevent that.

I think you're going to be happy with the upgrade. My pool had a lot of fines in it. I ran the E10 for a cycle, cleaned the cartridge and ran again and the next day only had a few spots where there were some fines that I think were just missed. For the most part the bottom was as clean as when I used my suction side pool vac.

Yes, OHcabanaboy, thats exactly what happened with me. E 10 fits perfectly under the ladder so I had to adapt(ladder goes into the deck so is closer to pool wall and non mobile) and install the safety guard. We'll see how that works. My biggest problem now is the filter it comes with just does not filter the fine silty stuff. I have ordered the ultra fine filter and am hopefull that it gets all the fines.

Last edited:
I'm a frugal Son Of A Banker so I slipped a stocking footie over the basket with a hole in the bottom to help get the finer stuff and it seems to be working.
I'm also frugal sometimes. Thus I haven't ordered the filters yet either. I like this idea though. Some of the wife's old stockings should work great for as well. The upper parts should stretch plenty to fit over the basket, and I'll just cut them just long enough to cover all the sides of the filter box, not the top or bottom.

I've been using the fine filter now a few times.

It really does well for trapping the finer stuff.

Very confusing initially getting it installed and it's a bit of a tight fit,
but works great / well worth it.

The E10 does a good job, with the ultra fine filter it does a great job. I always had fine silt/dead algae that settles into any depression or wrinkle in the liner. If you even get near it with the vac or brush it just goes poof into the water. The floor looked good after brushing or vacuuming but the next day the spots were back. I assumed it was new forming but now I'm sure it was just settling back into place.

The E10 with the mesh filter cleaned it up but again it was back in a day or so. I added the ultra fine and after the first run I could see this stuff trapped in the filters, even some sludge in the bottom of the box. Over a couple days some came back but nowhere near as much. The second time I ran it the filters were dark but not like the first time, 4 days later very little to almost none has returned. Don't mind paying for something that does the job it's supposed to, the filter upgrade seems worth the $80 to me.

I sure hope its worth it:kim:I am still waiting for mine. I ordered it on the 4th of July and it was again on back order!! Probably because of all the great reviews from TFP members-lol. I am getting lots of fines redistribution so it make the pool a bit cloudy but it does settle back down. I tried the stocking method and that works a bit better but I am looking forward to getting the ultra fine filter in. Ive enjoys reading everyone's trials and experiences here.

I sure hope its worth it:kim:I am still waiting for mine. I ordered it on the 4th of July and it was again on back order!! Probably because of all the great reviews from TFP members-lol. I am getting lots of fines redistribution so it make the pool a bit cloudy but it does settle back down. I tried the stocking method and that works a bit better but I am looking forward to getting the ultra fine filter in. Ive enjoys reading everyone's trials and experiences here.
In my opinion it's well worth it. I hadn't ran the bot for about a week. I dropped it in yesterday and the bottom this morning looked great. The only problem, and it's not really a problem, is that you have to spend a little more time cleaning the fine filter cartridges. That extra time in cleaning the filter is still WAY less than I would have spent vacuuming the bottom. Still very happy with the performance overall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.