Very Loud Whistling sound from Jandy Lxi heater

I have a Jandy Lxi heater about 5 years old.

Recently, the heater makes a very loud whistling sound which can be controlled by the air flow baffle inside the heater.

To start the heater, I must have the baffle completely open. The heater will run for about 5-10 min, before the whistling sound starts. Then to stop the whistling sound, I have to move the baffle to almost closed. If I leave it closed the heater will eventually shut off. Thus, after about 20 minutes of the heater running I can reopen the baffle almost to completely open without the whistling sound. It's not ideal having to reach inside the heater while running to open and close the baffle.

It's very strange. One person told me it could be related to the gas pressure regulator outside the heater? That the regulator needs to be adjusted?

Here is a link to the video of the sound it makes.

https://youtu.be/2_zYjrzCQgI

Any thoughts on the issue?

Unless you have made changes to what is on the gas line shared with the heater, most regulators don't need to be adjusted. Confirm that you do not have any obstructions inside the baffle. Here in FL we have what mud daubers that like to build mud houses inside of things and that would obstruct air flow. Use a vacuum to suck things out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.