Needville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
This year's pool opening went very well thanks to the educational material and calculator here. I cleaned the sand filter, which no one had ever told me to do...what a mess! The pool greenery was easily eliminated with the advice provided here. Thanks so much!

The only remaining issue is that my AquaTrol seems to have some readings on the display but the "Power" and "Generating" lights only come on for a view seconds before shutting off. I am running on chlorine now, but I'd like to get back to using the SWG as soon as I can.

Is this issue caused by the same part that so many I have read about are caused by? I've read the forums but I decided that I would get some input on my exact situation. I am sorry if this duplicates any other threads...

Thanks in advance for your help!

First off how old is the cell? Also when it did work for those few minutes what voltage was it showing while working?

Basically if it's not showing the proper voltages when it is running than most likely the cell has reached the end of its life and it's time to replace it.

My aquatrol lasted 4yrs before it bit the dust. It produced similar results to what you are seeing. It would come on and generate for a few mins and then shut off and the check salt and inspect cell light would illuminate. Voltage read really low but salt read correct. Replaced the cell this spring and all is good again.

This is the beginning of the fourth season for the pool--the generator is just under 3 years since installation (pool was installed July, 2014).

The only lights that show are the "Power" light followed by the "Generating" light. Kind of randomly (no specific thing that I can see causes it to go on or off) and there is a noise like a click when it shuts off after a few seconds. I don't see any changes in the readings, but it is also a very quick process. The temperature seems to be correct, at least that it is going up as the days and nights get warmer...of course, not sure of accuracy.

So was yours the control box or just the cell?

I want to figure it out and get it generating again but this is not a good time to spend money...had to start a new business and paychecks are a little light right now. Better than they were--the other place just stopped paying people!!

Thanks for any help anyone can provide...the pool is doing well as a chlorine pool right now, so that is good....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.