Working At Commercial Pool / Water Park

Aug 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
I am currently in college, and I always wanted a private pool or hot tub, and finally got a (cheap) portable hot tub last year. I love it and use it a few times a week! I enjoyed researching things like water chemistry, and found this forum very helpful (Thanks!). I recently got a job at a small local water park. I am getting trained this week, and pretty excited about getting the "inside experience". I plan to remain anonymous on this forum, but I thought it would would be cool to to share information about how we operate the park and such. Anyone else here have commercial pool experience? :)

The facility has 3 independent water systems in an equipment building running various pools and water features. It's pretty overwhelming now, with the rooms full of pipes, valves, and equipment, but I look forward to learning everything eventually. I bit nervous now though because making a mistake could put people in danger.

Just pay attention and you won't hurt anyone. We have a few around, and some others with serious chemical or water treatment backgrounds. Some of those and many others will be very interested in the workings of such a facility. Keep them and yourself anonymous for sure though. You'll learn some interesting things, and some of our methods will conflict with theirs but it doesn't need to be about that. I'd love seeing how everything works there...mechanical, chemical, automation and all.

Note: I'm also moving this to the deep end as it is off topic/general interest to normal forums.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.