cloudy still

owhat1

Jul 4, 2007
great site been reading and have learned allot I have a 28'x52" 17500 gal pool is still cloudy after about two weeks of bleach, vacuming and scrubbing tring to keep my FC up to shock level but my test kit won't test that high for chlorine.
Her are my last reading(7-3) from the pool store

FC: 5.0
TC: 5.0
CC: 0
PH: 7.8
TA: 165
TA: 145
CYA: 60

i put in about 1 1/2 gallons of the ultra bleach in the morning and the evening when i get home from work don't really test during the day to see what my FC level is. When i get home i test but can just guess since i can't go over a 5 ppm. Also the ultra bleach that i am using has a green tint to it will this cause the pool to have a green tint? Thanks and i will keep reading

Welcome to TFP!

Bleach normally looks slightly yellow or yellow/green. This color does not transfer to the pool. You don't want to use bleach with any additives, scents etc. Those can cause problems.

You can dilute your sample to test to higher chlorine levels. For instance, if you want to test up to 15 ppm, you would add one part pool water and two parts distilled water, mix and then test. It isn't the most accurate way to test, and I recommend getting the TFP kit from Dave, but it will do until then.

FWIW, it took me quite a while to get my water to clear. It went from green and cloudy to blue and cloudy fairly quickly, but it stayed cloudy for a good, long while. I brushed daily, but it wasn't until I got the vacuum that it really began to clear. If you have a cartridge filter, make sure you clean it regularly. If you have sand filter, backwash it regularly. Your pool will clear eventually. It just takes a lot of persistence. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.