4 days after opening - a little cloudy pool

Jun 11, 2016
Boston, MA
I opened my pool on Friday. It has been 4 days now. Here is the chemistry using taylor kit:
FC: 8
CC: 0
CYA: 50
PH: 7.4
TA: 140

Pool is overall blue, but still a little cloudy. What should I do now? Just wait and let filter work? Thanks.

Two options... run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to determine if there is something icky in the water causing it to cloud up. Directions found in PoolSchool.

How has your filter been running pressure wise? Do the cartridges need cleaning?

If it were my pool I'd take the FC up to SLAM level using bleach for a day or two.....just because.

Maddie :flower:

My SAlt level has not been adjusted yet so SWG is not working. The current chlorine level is achieved through liquid chlorine and chlorine stix my PB put in.
In that case, you didn't pass the overnight loss test -- those stix were dissolving and adding chlorine overnight.

I suggest you SLAM Processthe pool now while the CYA is only 50. And lose those chlorine stix whatever they are for the duration. It may only take a day or two since you're getting it early.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
no, I took the chlorine stix out for this overnight test.

I'm in the same situation, up here in Central VT spring has brought with it lots of pollen. I opened 4 days ago and I'm holding chlorine fine, have a nice blue pool but cloudy in the deep end. I've added DE to my sand filter and now have the skimmer socks in every day and i'm changing them pretty frequently (also running my pump 24 hours currently). My water temp is only around 52 degrees so I didn't throw on my solar cover yet but I think that's the next step to try and keep the pollen from falling in.

Good luck with yours, I think it might take a few extra days this year with how yellow my car is every morning!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.