Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New guy in NC, new to pools and all

1. Back To Top    #1

New guy in NC, new to pools and all

Hiya,

Closing out a house July 15. Been reading up here. Just ordered a TF100 tester. They actually ship out of Creedmore NC and that's not terribly far. Had it shipped to the house though anyways. Pool specs in the siggy...

Looking forward to the first water test and trying BBB. Then swimming a bit. Never thought I'd have a house with an inground pool...

Life is good I guess. We'll have to set aside some time to take good care of it but it's beautiful now.

The forum is great. Y'all have done a wonderful job here. Looking forward to many a discussion.

Cheers!
    17x29 Lagoon Left foxpool 3' to 5'6", Vermiculite bottom braced to plan, Dolphin Tile w/ Krinkle, Floor vinyl line 28 mil pow fab, Foxxguard wall and coping, Inwall ladder - white rail, 1hp Whisper flo, TR-60 Sand Filter, 2 bottom drain and two 2" return inlet, Chlorinator, safety line and skimmer, Polaris 360 cleaner, Amerilite White, Meyco Cover, 6' radius - white rails walk in steps, 6' buddy seat, Exercise bar, 3" water hog deck drain 48'

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New guy in NC, new to pools and all

Welcome!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi AWJ,

Another Carolinian! Maybe one day we'll outnumber the Texans on TFP!

Post some pix of your new pool when you can.

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

AWJ,

Welcome. I've had a couple of North Carolinians just stop by and pick up the kit but they were really close. (Thank you for your order)

We're glad you're on the forum.....you'll get a ton of very knowledgeable help from the friendliest group of folks on the internet.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks folks.

duraleigh, I'm renting in Fuquay until end of July. Just saw the kit is heading out now. I might take a ride up your way to get refills. Even from Mebane, gas will probably be cheaper than shipping. But it's all good either way. I'm a penny pincher at heart.

Butterfly, I've got a few pics but once we get settled in July - we'll put up some better ones. Carolina is good pool country... hummingbirds abound I hear out on that property we are moving to. Should be a treat. We're planning on putting up some of the regional wildflowers on this backscape so there should be some nice creatures coming through. Gotta watch the snakes though. Skinny dipping at night with the light off is a bad idea I hear... something about black snakes?

frustratedpoolmom, what can I say? I hope it's not all that frustrating. Is it the pool? Or the kids?

17x29 Lagoon Left foxpool 3' to 5'6", Vermiculite bottom braced to plan, Dolphin Tile w/ Krinkle, Floor vinyl line 28 mil pow fab, Foxxguard wall and coping, Inwall ladder - white rail, 1hp Whisper flo, TR-60 Sand Filter, 2 bottom drain and two 2" return inlet, Chlorinator, safety line and skimmer, Polaris 360 cleaner, Amerilite White, Meyco Cover, 6' radius - white rails walk in steps, 6' buddy seat, Exercise bar, 3" water hog deck drain 48'