Initial #'s - just received my TF100

Montare67

LifeTime Supporter
May 20, 2009
Naples, FL
Pool phase of the project is done. :-D

Excavation started 5/18, plaster on 6/17 and topped of the water and start up chemicals 6/19.

So happy with decision to purchase TF100 - fast shipping, accurate, easy to use! :whoot:

FC - 1.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.9
TA - 70
CH - 150
CYA - 30
Temp 74

Not sure what I should tackle first - FC, PH, CH..... Like I said -plaster is a week old and I want to start out right.

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_2174.JPG
    IMG_2174.JPG
    432.5 KB · Views: 97
welcome to TFP neighbor...tackle you PH first...drop it to 7.4. Then raise your FC to a minimum of 3, but you can target 5ppm. otherwise your nums look great...if you get alot of sun or using a SWG, you may need to adjust CYA upward and adjust FC accordingly, but your in good shape....just adjust PH first and get some chlorine in there...we don;t want algae :goodjob:

Chlorine should almost always come first. You should never allow the FC level to go below 2. You should add enough chlorine so that FC is 2 or higher the next day.

If your plaster is less than one month old, you should lower your PH to around 7.2 and ignore your CH level until the plaster is one month old.

If your plaster is more than one month old, you should only lower your PH to between 7.6 and 7.8 until you can get your CH level up.

Off to pickup bleach and muratic acid....

Pool contractor told me to stop by their store with a water sample today or tomorrow. May just do it to hear their 'advice' :blah: They have some sort of electronic tester that uses pre-measured vials that seems to interpret the color changes. Would like to see what #'s it gives......

Thanks again!

Eric

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.