gsmornot saying Hi.

Jun 25, 2009
I have been looking at the site for about 3 weeks now but have absorbed a lot of information. I feel like I have a handle on things thanks to all the great information found here and Pool Solutions which I read first leading me here. I'm new to owning a pool and have just owned mine for 5 weeks at this point. The wife and I have talked about owning one for a while but always felt we wanted to hold out for an in ground model but in the end decided to go with the 27' above ground and could not be happier. Well maybe but its really a nice pool. In fact, my brother-in-law is a pool store guy and happens to be the one we bought the pool from. After spending time here I have already let him know where my supplies will be coming from and he replied by telling me that was great and I just might be the most informed customer he has.

Would you believe he has people come in asking about their green water not understanding you have to maintain the pool to keep it clear? They will run the pump only when they get in even if its just an hour a week and forget about testing anything. Ha. The one thing I already know for sure is the reagents come in much too small a bottle for the price. I'm already needing to look into some larger sizes on the on a few especially for the times you need to verify you've reached shock level.(30-32 drops on the .5 scale)

Well, anyways, thanks in advance to those who have offered the information and I hope I can pass the techniques along and help someone else have a pool with water as crystal clear as mine.

DaveNJ said:
Welcome to TFP,
Great to be in control of your pool not the other way around. I have had my pool for 4 years and read this site daily. Always something new and great group of people. This link explains some alternate methods of testing to save reagents.
alternate-test-procedures-for-the-tf-test-kit-t1723.html

Thanks. I will have a look at the link. Already I use the 10ml sample to save on drops and really don't mind using them just seem to go through them quickly when killing CC.