Used Savannah - no manual - Error Messages!

Jun 5, 2009
Manufacturer "Savannah Spas"; bought out by "Maxx"
Model: Excalibur Serial #: 1552
Manufacture date: Jan 17, 1997
Digital spa controls: Brett Aqualine (Brett line BL-70)
PWA 34-5007
Other serial #BA96208-036

2 pumps, both 230 Volts
40 Amps
Gal per min 85

We're getting error messages E 2 and E 3 but don't know what they mean without the manual!

Those are both high limit errors, though it's strange that you'd get both at the same time since they're opposites (E2 = shorted, E3 = open). Try turning off the tub, disconnecting the high limit, and turning it back on again and check to see what errors you still get.

Thanks for the reply, now more questions!

I am no longer getting the E2 error message since I discovered that the 220 volt circulating pump was only tied into 110 volts. I now get E3 error and there is no power to the heater element even though the heat light is on. The Jet2 light is on and the jet pump runs continuously and only turns off momentarily when you press the button. If I hook the jet pump into the Jet1 outlet, nothing happens.

The E3 error prevents the heater from coming on. The Jets may be on because of some sort of freeze protection programming (if this had happened during the winter the tub would want to keep the water moving if the heater wasn't working). I'd try replacing the high limit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.