Anyone dealt with poolfilters.biz?

May 22, 2009
Columbia, SC
They seem to have the best price for replacement filters for my C&C 320.
Product Detail
Aquakleen Filter # AK-60433
Width 7"
Length 20"
Unicel # C-7470
Pleatco # PCC80
OEM # 817-0081,R173573,178580,PCC80
Description 80 SQ. FT. Clean and Clear Plus, Waterway, Pentair Pool Products-Pac Fab Re

What about aquakleen cartridges?
It seems the major manufacturers are Pleatco or Unicel. Would getting another brand be a bad idea?
Still trying to sort out all the information. Thanks

I need to replace my PCC80 filters and did a quick search here at TFP and found your post. I just ordered a set from poolfilters.biz. There were about 50-60 bucks cheaper then anywhere else I looked. I would not have found that site had it not been for your post. Did you end up buying yours there? Any problems if you did?

Order was placed painlessly. They take PayPal. I dig that. I hate using credit cards if I don't have too. (The country should be doing the same!) I'll post more once they get here and are installed. I did get 2 1/2 years out of the old ones. How long do most folks get?

>> hate using credit cards if I don't have too.

Keep in mind that not all Credit Cards are the same. I go out of my way to purchase stuff on my American Express as they double the warranty for any items I buy and they (Amex) have already taken care of me when one expensive piece of equipment (not a pool item) broke 2 months after manufacturer warranty expired. Amex picked up the tab and I received a brand new replacement and still had time on the warranty.

I also get back 5% on all my Amex purchases which amounted last year to over 2k.

I also agree with susa, I use AMEX for all my online purchases. I get that feel good in my stomach after I purchase, because if I have any issues AMEX will resolve...

frankgh said:
Order was placed painlessly. They take PayPal. I dig that. I hate using credit cards if I don't have too. (The country should be doing the same!) I'll post more once they get here and are installed. I did get 2 1/2 years out of the old ones. How long do most folks get?

Filters came in in a timely fashion but I've been pretty busy with non pool related stuff known as work. Besides the water is only 67 this afternoon. These new filters look like they will do the job. There is a little less plastic in the middle of the new ones verses the original equipment. Lets see how they hold up.

How often do you folks change your carts out?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.