Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone dealt with poolfilters.biz?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone dealt with poolfilters.biz?

They seem to have the best price for replacement filters for my C&C 320.
    Product Detail
    Aquakleen Filter # AK-60433
    Width 7"
    Length 20"
    Unicel # C-7470
    Pleatco # PCC80
    OEM # 817-0081,R173573,178580,PCC80
    Description 80 SQ. FT. Clean and Clear Plus, Waterway, Pentair Pool Products-Pac Fab Re

What about aquakleen cartridges?
    It seems the major manufacturers are Pleatco or Unicel. Would getting another brand be a bad idea?
    Still trying to sort out all the information. Thanks
    Clint
    Pics of the build process
    34x16x25 Lagoon IG Vinyl 14,800gal (Oxford Tile/Glimmerglass 20mil)
    Pentair: Intelliflo VS3050 pump, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Clean and Clear 320 cartridge filter, LA01N 3/4hp booster pump and Polaris 280 cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone dealt with poolfilters.biz?

I need to replace my PCC80 filters and did a quick search here at TFP and found your post. I just ordered a set from poolfilters.biz. There were about 50-60 bucks cheaper then anywhere else I looked. I would not have found that site had it not been for your post. Did you end up buying yours there? Any problems if you did?
    22,000 Gunite, Cart Filter, Aquarite SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

Never heard of that brand, but great price. You'll have to give us feedback on the filters and if they fit and hold up!

4. Back To Top    #4

Order was placed painlessly. They take PayPal. I dig that. I hate using credit cards if I don't have too. (The country should be doing the same!) I'll post more once they get here and are installed. I did get 2 1/2 years out of the old ones. How long do most folks get?

5. Back To Top    #5

>> hate using credit cards if I don't have too.

Keep in mind that not all Credit Cards are the same. I go out of my way to purchase stuff on my American Express as they double the warranty for any items I buy and they (Amex) have already taken care of me when one expensive piece of equipment (not a pool item) broke 2 months after manufacturer warranty expired. Amex picked up the tab and I received a brand new replacement and still had time on the warranty.

I also get back 5% on all my Amex purchases which amounted last year to over 2k.

6. Back To Top    #6

I also agree with susa, I use AMEX for all my online purchases. I get that feel good in my stomach after I purchase, because if I have any issues AMEX will resolve...

7. Back To Top    #7

I spend about 50k a year on reimbursed travel a year on my Delta Amex card. I've never looked into warranty options on that card... Maybe I should.

8. Back To Top    #8

So how about those filters......lol
    19500K IG Plaster Free Form Pool W/Spa
    Pentair Clean&Clear Plus 420/WhisperFlo WFE-8 1HPmotor/Booster Pump
    Sta-Rite Gas Fired Heater/ Aqualinks RS6

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by frankgh
    Order was placed painlessly. They take PayPal. I dig that. I hate using credit cards if I don't have too. (The country should be doing the same!) I'll post more once they get here and are installed. I did get 2 1/2 years out of the old ones. How long do most folks get?
    Filters came in in a timely fashion but I've been pretty busy with non pool related stuff known as work. Besides the water is only 67 this afternoon. These new filters look like they will do the job. There is a little less plastic in the middle of the new ones verses the original equipment. Lets see how they hold up.

How often do you folks change your carts out?

10. Back To Top    #10

I think the guy who wanted the update is no longer here but...

After a bout 2.5 years, running great and cleaning up nicely. Not looking to replace them any time soon.

How long should a set of filters last?

11. Back To Top    #11

Well, no one answered this for me so... I got just over 3 years on them. And, they are now cheaper at Amazon from Pool Supply Warehouse.