Are the Pentair Aqualumin II and III interchangable?

dandjpool

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 25, 2007
Illinois
My Pool light (a Pentair Aqualumin II 12v 100w nicheless) has taken a dump.
I just want to pop in a replacement and be done with it but pentair quit making the II.
Does anybody know if the III will work in the II's existing mounting kit?

Thanks

I can't find the thing anywhere. I called every dealer with no luck. I called pentair and they gave me the name of some distributors and none of them have it either.
All of the web sites that say they have it don't. 3 of the sites I went to tried to sell me something different once the order was placed.
It seems like the distributors don't want to be bothered ordering it. I haven't heard back from any of them that said they would. I think that they don't want to take the time unless there is a high enough demand.
Pentair doesn't sell anything directly so I am kind of screwed.
I need the one with the 100' cord.

I did give them a call. One rep said they had 4 with 100' cord in stock. I told him I would call back in 10 minutes to order it cause I didn't have my CC with me. When I called back I got a different rep who said they didn't have any in stock and that they are on a 7-10 day back order. I asked them to double check cause the last guy told me they have it. Nope.

They all seem to pull this Crud. They tell you they have it so you give them the credit card and then they 2 days later they contact you to say it's on back order and then try to sell you something else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.