pool school article recommendation

Aug 2, 2007
North Texas
I know I show up as a "new user" but I've been around reading and learning for a couple of years. A lot of people are posting asking about Intex easy-set/quick set pool setups. What about a pool school article specifically about those? Things like yes, your ground has to be flat and level, yes, you still need to test your water (how much testing seems to be up for debate), yes the BBB principles apply while remembering that many Intex users have short pool seasons and they are working with small volumes of water.

I can't take credit for the idea...someone else mentioned it in a thread; however, I would be happy to help put something together.

I've been thinking "out loud" about that for a couple of days, and made a start on one. I'm sure there would be debate about how simplified to make the water management part of it!

As far as I can tell, this sort of thing usually starts as a regular thread and then gets condensed or summarized into a Pool School article. I'm not exactly sure where to put it, though.
--paulr

A great way to get started is to start a topic in the Above Ground Pools area and either write up a substantial amount your self or just invite people to make suggestions. A topic like that will usually get into Further Reading quite quickly and can also become the basis for writing a Pool School article.

A Pool School article would be wonderful, but keep in mind that the standards are higher. They need to be relatively short, clear, and focused. Often a Pool School article starts as an article originally posted on the forum which is then edited down and simplified. For example, my Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparking Oasis article is way too long to be a Pool School article, but parts of it ended up being reworked into Pool School articles.

Another thing to keep in mind is that a complete users guide for Intex like pools is a huge undertaking. It is best to start with some well defined portion of the entire thing, like setup issues, or chemistry issues, and work that up by it's self, rather than taking on the entire project all at once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.