Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just opened

1. Back To Top    #1

Just opened

I am adding a swg this weekend but wanted opinions on numbers aince i have never had swg.

FC. 6
    Cc 0
    Ph 7.6
    TA 70
    CH 75 (pretty low?)
    Cya 50
    Salt 1,000

I know i need to add salt and i have it ready but before i did i wanted to get wverything else in line. I need to add cya for swg to 70-90? What about ch for vinyl liner? Will the salt raise it at all?

I just finishing SLAM after opening so pool looks crystal clear now
    36,000 Gallon, 40x20 IG, Vinyl, Hayward S- 200 Sand Filter, 300,000 MasterTemp heater, 1hp Superpump, Polaris 9550 sport, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just opened

Raise that CYA and dump in the salt. Keep the FC up for another day at least so the salt has 24 hours to dissolve. Then fire it up and go.

Read post 5 about Diamond Day if you have any kids. They'll get in water so cold you wouldn't even consider it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

So no need to worry about ch? Salt is going in tomorrow. I will get cya up . Hope i can find stuff around here

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by bhubb View Post
    So no need to worry about ch? Salt is going in tomorrow. I will get cya up . Hope i can find stuff around here
    The vinyl pool doesn't care about low CH. There's no plaster to erode. Worst thing you might have to deal with is foamy water. If it does, and it bugs you, raise CH to 200 or so. Be aware that sometimes adding CH will cloud the water for a day or two. If it happens, don't panic. It'll dissipate.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!