Pool Rail

Etek14

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 6, 2008
I have a 24 foot round above ground with a deck I built around only half of the pool. I would like to add the fence rail around the remaining half for cosmetic/safety reasons. I have birds that want to pitch on the deck railings now and sometimes on the pool rim. Iwas wondering if anyone can answer from experience if I would probably be asking for a substantial increase in bird poo in the pool.

Hey Etek...welcome to TFP :wave:

I can't help you on the railing question, but wanted to point out to you that your gallonage estimate in your sig is probably off by 1500 gallons. A 24ft round holds somewhere around 12,500-13,500 gallons. Just looking out for you as if you use Jason's pool calculator, I wouldn;t want you to overdose your pool when adding chemicals like muratic acid and cya.

Someone should be along soon to guid you on your railing Q...enjoy the swim season :goodjob:

Dmanb2b, thanks for the heads up. I caught that the other day and haven't updated yet. Luckily I haven't had to play with the acid but a couple of times in 2 seasons, my PH stays pretty good knock on wood.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.