Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Rail

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Rail

I have a 24 foot round above ground with a deck I built around only half of the pool. I would like to add the fence rail around the remaining half for cosmetic/safety reasons. I have birds that want to pitch on the deck railings now and sometimes on the pool rim. Iwas wondering if anyone can answer from experience if I would probably be asking for a substantial increase in bird poo in the pool.
    13500 Gallon / BBB Method / TF100
    Pentair SD40 sand filter / 1.5hp Dynamo
    AG / Full Sun / Small Fountain
    Eastern NC, Moderate Rain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Rail

Hey Etek...welcome to TFP

I can't help you on the railing question, but wanted to point out to you that your gallonage estimate in your sig is probably off by 1500 gallons. A 24ft round holds somewhere around 12,500-13,500 gallons. Just looking out for you as if you use Jason's pool calculator, I wouldn;t want you to overdose your pool when adding chemicals like muratic acid and cya.

Someone should be along soon to guid you on your railing Q...enjoy the swim season
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

I wouldn't think it would be that bad. Unless it looks like a Hitchcock movie outside. I have ducks that enjoy my pool, takes quite a few birds to stack up to duck droppings.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4

Dmanb2b, thanks for the heads up. I caught that the other day and haven't updated yet. Luckily I haven't had to play with the acid but a couple of times in 2 seasons, my PH stays pretty good knock on wood.
    13500 Gallon / BBB Method / TF100
    Pentair SD40 sand filter / 1.5hp Dynamo
    AG / Full Sun / Small Fountain
    Eastern NC, Moderate Rain