Cost of new vinyl liner

Feb 27, 2015
Grand Rapids MI
I was wondering if a few people could comment on what it cost to have a new vinyl liner installed in their in ground pool. We will need a new one at the end of the season and was planning between $3,500 and $4,000 for it. Today we had our pool opened by the company and they quickly estimated $4,500 without measuring. Our pool is 18,000 gallons. Figure 8 shape and roughly 20x40. Deep end only goes 6 feet deep with sides that angle in. Does this estimate seem close?

Most places we called last year also said they don't do free estimates and will only come measure if we pay half then and then the rest once they install. Is this normal? It seems crazy.

I don't know. I've never had anyone charge for an estimate like that. They generally take a rough measurement. Then once you commit and pay a deposit they measure exactly. I've only ever seen a 10% deposit. I wouldn't pay half up front.

I live in Canada where everything pool related is usually double the cost of the US(gallon of liquid pool shock? $6.50. vs pump? $1000, and that's online, not installed!).

I just got an estimate on my 18x38 23000 gallon pool for $4500. I'm very surprised to hear yours is the same price. I'm used to insane jealousy when people talk about costs (although I more than make up for it in gas and electricity savings)

What's included in that estimate? Mine is redoing the returns, refacing the skimmer, renewing the coping, and three hours of concrete patching.

If you have ANY documentation of at least the serial number, they should not have
to re-measure. The measuring alone cost me near a thousand.
If you don't have paperwork, the serial number can usually be found in the shallow
end wall section of the liner, or behind steps if you have those. My liner was 23 years old
when it was replaced and there was no sign of the serial number.

my pool at 13,000 gallons (with custom measuring) brand new vinyl liner total 2 years ago
was $ 3,500 including installation.

prices can fluctuate from different areas.

I had to pay half down after the initial assessment then the other half after the install was done
to my satisfaction.

I would not consider a pool co that wants half down just to show up. no way.
I mean maybe if they wanted like 1 hour of labor time to show up (thats how my pool co works and they don't price gouge)

I was wondering if a few people could comment on what it cost to have a new vinyl liner installed in their in ground pool. We will need a new one at the end of the season and was planning between $3,500 and $4,000 for it. Today we had our pool opened by the company and they quickly estimated $4,500 without measuring. Our pool is 18,000 gallons. Figure 8 shape and roughly 20x40. Deep end only goes 6 feet deep with sides that angle in. Does this estimate seem close?

Most places we called last year also said they don't do free estimates and will only come measure if we pay half then and then the rest once they install. Is this normal? It seems crazy.
Depending where you live..
We got a quote for $4500. That includes the company pumping the pool water into a military bladder to save the water. We have a 18x38 approx pool with 9ft deep end.
My biggest issue was the draining of around 20k gallons of water like it's nothing.. this company solved that privilege for us!

One other thing, that includes also refoaming, and we paid $1,500 when we got "in line" for new liner. They are booking out about a month (depending on rain)
We had to let them know what liner choice we were going with at that point as well.

Just guessing but you could call Plastimayd / Latham and give them the serial number to see if they made it.

If not, just google other liner manufacturers till you find the one that has a record. I don't think there are
very many of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.