pool install anxiety

aqualicious

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I'm hoping someone can ease my mind. We put up the pool today (on the hotest day of the year)...We did everything as level as can be so I'm not worried about that....but once we got the liner in we got nervous. We did leave it to warm up in the 35 degree sun before install. The liner is nice and flat on the ground , almost no wrinkles...and flat up the cove but then there's alot of stretching up the rest of the wall. It actually looks like air behind the liner up the wall. We have an overlap liner and could only get 2-3 inches of overlap.

The installers from the pool store we bought the pool gave me a quick call back and said that is normal.

I got all my stabilizers and rails installed. Had a really hard time getting it to form a circle but I think I succeeded in the end.

Is the liner going to really stretch out and back against the wall as the water move up? I don't think I will sleep tonight.

On a nice sunny day the liner will stretch quite well and is comparatively easy to get into place. The air pockets will push out as the water fills up. Mostly you just need to watch out for wrinkles, pull them out in advance or while there is only a tiny bit of water in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.