Pentair Triton II with ClearPro Tech. vs. Quad DE 80 filter?

mihzyd777

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2009
Manteca, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,

I'm waaaaaaayyyyy confused now!!! I just got off the phone today with Pentair. Their support tech claims the new Triton II with ClearPro Technology filters just as well as the Quad 80 DE Filter system that they have!!!!!
I was going to get the DE but if I can have simplicity of Sand with water quality the same as DE then why wouldn't ANYONE get the new TRITON II ClearPro filter??

How new is it? I've contacted several pool vendors and none of them have it or even know about it!!!!

Can anyone help!! How dependable are these?? Do they really "polish" the water as good as DE??

I see they use the pourus lines that help filter but how clear??

I need to really order something by this Friday or early next week the latest......PLEASE HELP!! :party:

Thanks,

Mike

ClearPro came out last year, but I have yet to hear from anyone who has actually tried it. I have a lot of trouble believing their claims, and apparently so do a lot of other people, or they would have bought one already.

The only difference between the standard triton and the clearpro is a lateral with finer holes. To me, if the laterals are really stopping the stuff that would pass through sand but not DE, then they're going to get clogged. Don't have any ClearPro's in the the field yet that I know of, and can't find any reviews online.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.