Anyone swimming yet?

My oak trees haven't finished dropping there junk yet. My cover is still on and my pump has been hooked up for over a month and running 1.5 hr a day with water balanced. I think it will be good to go in another week. Of course I need to get on the roof with a leaf blower and blow that off first or the tree debris ends up in the pool when the wind blows.

My kid jumped in yesterday, but came out. Today, it was so hot that I almost jumped in as I was staining a maintenance free deck from gray to burgundy. Looks better. I opened up 3 weeks ago, but the pool has needed some extra TLC because of pollen and all the residual debris coming off the trees.

But, the pool looks better without the cover and pump is only running 6 hrs. daily. Closed pool late September and opened up to a clear pool. Became crystal clear in less than 12 hours after I vacuumed (of course because of the TFP way)!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pools been open since Last week of April. Heated to 67 to get SWG running. Last couple of weeks here temp in mid 70s most of time so I set heat to 82. Pump runs 10am to 2pm.....4pm to 8pm but with the sun the heater only comes on an hour or so in morning to replace heat lose from night. Water temp with solar cover 85. We use it almost daily.

Southern NY here. Pools been open for 2.5 weeks now but I haven't been in yet. Going to start hating this Friday and will go in Saturday (the only really nice day of the weekend). Not a good May for swimming this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.