WATER BEHIND LINER

NYCPOOL

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 21, 2009
We have been getting tons of rain here in NY,and now have two nice size pockets of water behind my liner.Just wondering how easy it will be to remove some of the liner from the coping to suck the water out.Are their any tricks of the trade to get the liner out easily (and back in ).Can i safely untuck a small section of liner or i run the risk of losing it?the liner is tight in the deep end where the water is , but loose in the shallow end where the other bubble is.Also is it safe to run my tigershark robot with the liner floating like this? Thanks in advance

Welcome to TFP!!

If the pockets are small - wait to see what happens when the ground water abates 8)

There are ways of dealing with ground water problems, but - let's make sure there is a problem first :-D

How old is the liner?

I do this stuff for a living and will gladly help you deal with this :wink:

I installed the pool myself in May.The liner is 30 mil.The two water pockets are always in the same place about 18" wide and 10" deep at worst the liner is maybe 2" off the steel walls. I poured concrete around the entire deck and installed pavers on top so getting behind the walls would be a last resort.We have had record rainfall for June and almost record for May so hopefully this is not going to happen everytime it rains a little.
Thanks

If you want to remove the water easily, just unhook a small section of the liner where the pocket of water is. Using your vacuum hose and pump, set your filter to waste and put your vacuum hose down behind the liner as far as it will go into the pocket of water. Turn on the pump and with the aid of a helper keep a close watch at the water behind your liner and draw all the water out. As the water is being pump out, use your pool brush to push water towards the hose. Here in Arkansas, we too have had a lot of rain and this solution has worked very well for me without issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.