please help

Tammy

Jun 24, 2009
Hello, hoping someone can help. We bought a 4000 gallon intex pool four weeks ago. We filled with well water with high Iron. We purchased an $80. hose filter prior to filling the pool the second time. As the pool was filling the water was turning green then brown. We put Metal control in and the water cleared from very brown to a light green tint. I was told not to add any chlorine until 3 full days after I added metal control. I waited the 3 days and the water was still slightly green. After adding chlorine the water turned a little darker green. Waiting the additional 4 days as I was told then shocked the pool. The shock turned the water back to the coffee brown. I have been cleaning out the filter and the pool is still very brown. We have had very little sun in the past few weeks here in MA (luckily because I have a brown pool) but I am not sure if all the rain is not helping my cause. Any suggestions????

Thank you,
Tammy

If the filter is catching the brown stuff, then being industrious about cleaning the filter will likely help. We had somebody with a brown spa not long ago, as I recall it took about a week but the brown cleared up finally.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.