difference between clarifier, super clarifier, floc?

May 17, 2009
Jasper, TN
I see SO many products for clarifying water. And what's even more confusing is that some manufacturers market products such as clarifier, super clarifier and floc clarifier, and all 3 has basically the same description on what they do.

I can see how different manufacturers will want to market their own brand, but when the same company has more than product that does the exact same thing (seemingly).... why?

Or is there a difference?

Which is best for just occasional water polishing?

difference between clarifier, super clarifier, floc?
Always being the cynic, I would say, "not worth it, even less worth it, and completely worthless"

My point is that in a properly chlorinated pool, you will never have a need for any of these.

Like everything in life, there are times when the above statement is probably not true. Most BBB'ers would have a hard time finding those ocassions, however.

What duraleigh said 8)

Clarifier causes very fine particles to clump together so they can get filtered out. Floc causes both very fine and slightly larger particles to clump together so they fall to the bottom and can be vacuumed up. It unusual to need either one, and even when you do need one, they don't always work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.