New build Gilbert AZ

MG386

Sep 10, 2016
Gilbert/AZ
After 10 months of research and 7 different builders, we finally have one and have started. Very excited. I've been lurking for a while and take care of another pool using the TFP method. I will have the TF-100 on order soon!

7c25d50404a60082913a59da7d62be7b.jpg
a981c32d6db0da0a98ca15c559eb25d9.jpg
d1afe184794e135f16041d0c62438ffa.jpg
970580a8505fb1eca40a9fe2230f8d86.jpg
39383506e5ea94a805ab75b0ee6efe23.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, we will have turf between the square pads, and a larger area next to the pool. Plan is to have water in by end of the month, hope to have a little party on the 4th of July, fingers crossed.
Getting exciting!

Thanks.

Fill water tested with TF-100.
FC 1.5
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 210
CH 250
CYA 0
Salt 600

Is it normal to have so much FC in fill water?

Go to your water supplier website. They must by law do water quality tests. Technically I think they have to mail them to you each year. It will give what they think is in the water.

Water treatment does use chlorine to sanitize. I must admit, 1.5 FC is pretty high to test at from the tap ---- would be kind of harsh without stabilizer in it.

Take care.

Yes, we will have turf between the square pads, and a larger area next to the pool. Plan is to have water in by end of the month, hope to have a little party on the 4th of July, fingers crossed.
Getting exciting!

Thanks.

Fill water tested with TF-100.
FC 1.5
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 210
CH 250
CYA 0
Salt 600

Is it normal to have so much FC in fill water?

That green is really gonna pop!!

I am loving everything I see in this build thread-PO that reads and learns, NICE looking pool, Awesome area about the pool, kids and a cute dog loving live! THANKS!

I want to ask how in the world are you going to work on the filter when needed? Maybe it is not as tight as it looks in the picture. You also need to make sure there are unions so you can maintain, work on, replace the equipment.

Kim:kim:

I love your pool design!!! The travertine is gorgeous! I have noche for my deck, too, and love it.

The FC in my tap water runs between 1.5 and 2.5. Four days ago, many in my neighborhood, including me, smelled a strong chlorine odor. So I tested it, and the FC was 4ppm.

We NEED those pictures of your tile! I see a perfect place for Kim's bling - trimming those lovely steps. We'll be happy to help you pick out something sparkly to go with your tile and plaster!!

Thanks for the comments, I am concerned about the proximity of the filter housing. It will be a challenge to pull the drain plug and open to clean filters being so close to the wall and behind the pump ?. Tile starts tomorrow I hope, so more pictures soon.
1.65 ppm was the city limits for FC, so I guess we are within limits, just seemed high. We have a whole house filter/softener so we never feel/smell it in the shower, but I will be using untreated water for pool fill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.