BBB going OK but maybe some numbers should be tweaked

Oct 18, 2007
Central Texas
I have been having trouble getting FC with the Liquidator. I run the Intelliflo VF at 50 gpm 24x7 and this doesn't produce enough flow through the LQ. I am looking at adjustments now. I am also adding 60 ounces of MA twice a week.

I was wondering the following.

Should I raise TA?
Should I lower CH?
Should I raise CYA?

FC 2
CC 0
TA 40
PH 7.6
CH 525
CYA 30

Hi, Carlos,

Yeah, I would.........

1. Raise CYA to 50 or so

2. Raise TA to around 100

3. Reducing CH can only be done thru drain and refill.

If you keep you pH down in the low to mid 7's and your TA not higher than 100, I believe you can manage your CH without problems.

That will likely reduce your acid consumption as well. Raising your CYA will certainly reduce your FC consumption and allow the LQ to better keep up.

I have my made some adjustments and I am about to add borates as well. I wanted to ask about the TA recommendation of 100. 70 to 90 seems to be the normal range for plaster pools. What would higher TA provide to help me retain FC or stabilize my PH from rising?

FC 5.5
CC 0
TA 70
PH 7.4
CH 525
CYA 30

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The water looks clear. I will need a week to keep an eye on the PH. Can I go ahead with the borates or should I wait until I am satisfied with TA?

I added CYA yesterday but the test results didn't change much. I think I had less CYA than I originally thought. I am going to bump it another 20 today. I presume my test is valid 12 hours after the granules are dissolved in the skimmers? (nylon socks) The container did say to wait 7 days before testing????

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.