Intex Level Advice

May 16, 2017
Tybee Island, GA
Hi TFP! Happy I found this site. Every time I googled a pool question TFP has been right there with answers, so I joined!

So this is another leveling question for Intex pool. Specifics... Round 18' x 48" Intex Prism Metal Frame aprox 6500 gal. I upgraded to an Intex sand filter.

Please excuse my novice terms and presentation!

I had a small 14' x 42" set up in the same spot last year. (Hurricane Matthew came along and wiped out pool, gazebo, fencing, ect in backyard last Oct) So this year I decided to go a little bigger. I have grand-kids for the summer and this is a big enjoyment for them, and me. When the 14' was up it was off by 2 of the squares, so maybe 2". Before I set this one up I took a 12' 2x4 and checked level 9' out from the center from side to side and front to back. My ground is pretty flat and hard, the level showed it was barely off (but I am by no means an expert at leveling, so allow for some human error!). Well now this pool IS off. Seems not so much from a constant slope (although there is some sloping), but up and down around the circle. Before adding water I went around all the legs and used a level to make sure they were straight. Also after there was about maybe 10" of water I rechecked them for straightness and they were fine. I didn't check after that (wish I would have).

I will try and add a photo. I checked the legs and they are leaning from my initial leveling. Plus this Prism model is new, so I don't know what may have changed if anything from the others. Advice on draining or leaving as is would be much appreciated.

If I've left anything important out please let me know.

Thanks so very much!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 31
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 31
That is almost like the first pool we had. Ours was a lot farther off than yours and made it through the season just fine and would probably still be standing if it wasnt for a leak and a strong wind storm. Im sure others will be along to tell you it needs to be perfectly level but I dont think you will have too much of an issue if you leave it the way it is.

Thanks for the input and sharing your experience. I'm a retired senior, so doing any heavy labor work such as digging this hard ground myself is out of the question (especially with the temps already rising here). I would have to hire someone. I don't mind draining the water and replacing, but to find someone to dig and perfectly level the ground seems like it might be costly.

I had a 14 foot by 42" intex last year. I had everything level but I didn't use patio blocks and one side a few of the legs sunk into the ground making the pool not level. It was off by about 1.5 "Squares" of the liner. It was fine. Anything more than 2 squares I would be a bit worried. I think you are fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.