Pump for spa jets ...

May 10, 2009
Currently, I have 8 jets in my spa and I'm using a 2HP Sta-rite pump ... I have a 2.5" Suction line and 2.5" return that branches out to 1" at the jets ... My pump is loud and will need replacing soon ...

I would like to change the pump and get more power to the jets! ... I have seen that many people swear by the Pentair Whisperflo 2HP ...

I am currently running a 1HP Hayward for my filter and a 1.5HP Hayward for my waterfall. I am pretty happy with those, never had any problems (knock on wood)

Should I go with a Pentair over the Hayward?

Thx ...

Which Hayward model are you thinking of using? They're both dependable, common brands. Assuming you're looking at a model with the same performance curve I'd look at the cost of the pump new and the cost of replacement parts (particularly pay attention to the motor cost) in order to make the decision.

Also, you probably won't get much flow rate increase with a Wisperflo vs a Sta-Rite but it depends on the model of Sta-Rite pump and if it was damaged or not. If the wet end is in good condition, you might want to consider a motor replacement instead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.