Refilling pool now.

May 16, 2017
Scottsdale AZ
I just emptied my pool four years after resurfacing.

When we had the resurfacing done, I treated with several pounds of bicarb. Is this necessary with the refill or was that just needed to help cure the new surface?

My pool man is suggesting that I not use Cyanuric Acid when I adjust the chemicals, just chlorine and muriatic acid until I have the right balance. Does that sound ok?

When I filled the pool after the resurface, I had trouble balancing and keeping ph at the recommended 7.4-7.6. What's the best way proceed? Is there a proper sequence? Amounts of acid, chlorine?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

No need for bicarb, that was to help cure the plaster

You absolutely need CYA or all your chlorine will be burned off by the AZ sun in a matter of hours. Why do you need a pool man? We are here to teach owners to maintain better water for less money ;)

There is no need to hold the pH that tight. The new plaster was going to drive the pH up, that should not really be an issue anymore. If your TA is high, that can drive the pH up.

To know the proper balance and what you need to adjust, we would need to see a full set of test results using one of the recommended test kits (see link in my signature).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.