Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I use these chemicals?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I use these chemicals?

Before I found tfp I tried to open my pool in March with help from my friendly neighborhood pool store and spent a couple hundred $$
    I still have some never been opened chemicals they won't take back.
    2 Quarts of of Super Clarifier
    1 gallon of Leslie's perfect weekly
    Should I get rid of them or is there a possible circumstance that I could use them?
    BTW I've spent $50 total in a month of tfp vrs $200 in March with unsuccessful pool store opening so thank you tfp for my beautiful cheap water!
    7600 Gallons
    AB
    Cartridge filter
    2 speed
    installed 5/2016

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I use these chemicals?

If it has perfect anything in the product label I would tell you to dump the stuff. I have seen floc or clarifier help on a rare occasion. If you follow the methods on this site you will never need the floc...

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Can I use these chemicals?

Looks like you have something for the next hazmat collection day.

And you know, it's only fair that since you supported Leslie's so generously in the past...CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!